Alabama Pradax helpline and Our Pradaxa Lawyers are very concerned about extensive bleeding from pradaxa. Extensive bleeding events include:
- Internal bleeding (Gastrointestinal bleeding – GI Bleed),
- Cerebral hemorrhage,
- Brain hemorhage,
- Kidney Bleeding,.
- Pradaxa Death
Pradaxa Offers the following safety Advise
PRADAXA can cause bleeding which can be serious and sometimes lead to death. Don’t take PRADAXA if you currently have abnormal bleeding or if you have ever had an allergic reaction to it.
Your risk of bleeding with PRADAXA may be higher if you:
- • are 75 years old or older
- • have kidney problems
- • have stomach or intestine bleeding that is recent or keeps coming back or you have a stomach ulcer
- • take other medicines that increase your risk of bleeding, like aspirin products, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and blood thinners
- • have kidney problems and take dronedarone (Multaq®) or ketoconazole tablets (Nizoral®)
Call your doctor or seek immediate medical care if you have any of the following signs or symptoms of bleeding:
- • any unexpected, severe, or uncontrollable bleeding; or bleeding that lasts a long time
- • unusual or unexpected bruising
- • coughing up or vomiting blood; or vomit that looks like coffee grounds
- • pink or brown urine; red or black stools (looks like tar)
- • unexpected pain, swelling, or joint pain
- • headaches and feeling dizzy or weak
Pradaxa Alert for Alabama seniors and their caregivers
the patient you are caring for may have a higher risk of bleeding if they take PRADAXA and:
• are over 75 years old
• have kidney problems
• have stomach or intestine bleeding that is recent or keeps coming back, or you have a
• take other medicines that increase your risk of bleeding, including:
o aspirin or aspirin containing products
o long-term (chronic) use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
o warfarin sodium (Coumadin®, Jantoven®)
o a medicine that contains heparin
o clopidogrel (Plavix®)
o prasugrel (Effient®)
• have certain kidney problems and also take the medicines dronedarone (Multaq®) or
ketoconazole tablets (Nizoral®)
Pradaxa is a blood thinner used for cardiac patients but it has not antidote. A fall or minor bang or bump for our Alabama seniors could be fatal causing a brain hemorhage.
What else do I need to know if a parent or grandparent is on Pradaxa
It has been approved to reduce the risk of stroke in people with atrial fibrillation, a type of irregular heartbeat. It does this by thinning the blood to reduce the risk of blood clots. It has been recommended by the American Heart Association, the American College of Cardiology, and the Heart Rhythm Society as a replacement for the current standard treatment, warfarin. But a blood thinner does cause one to bleed easily. Extensive bleeding can result in a brain bleed which can be fatal.
Pradaxa can cause Intra-articular bleeding, pericardial bleeding, subdural bleeds, intracranial hemorrhage and hemorrhagic stroke are all potential fatal effects of taking Pradaxa. The Pradaxa works as a blood clot inhibitor to prevent clots from forming in a different manner than Warfarin or Coumadin. Warfarin is a Vitamin K adversary which prevents the formation of blood clots by intervening in the body’s Vitamin K production. Pradaxa, on the other hand works by inhibiting thrombins which are naturally occurring proteins in the body which encourage clot formation. With no known antidote to the effects of Pradaxa, bleed-outs can happen so swiftly that death occurs before measures can be taken to prevent it. There also currently exists no known method for measuring the anticoagulant effect of Pradaxa, while Warfarin anticoagulant effects can be tested in those taking the older drug.
The pradaxa Helpline Alabama are ready to help you if you have been injured by pradaxa or someone you care for has had a fatal extensive bleeding event from Pradax in Auburn, Birmingham, Dothan, Gadsen,Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Tuscaloosa and all of Alabama.
Call the Pradaxa and speak to a geriatric Social Worker and be connected to a Pradaxa lawyer.
Tags: Alabama pradaxa lawyer, Biloxi, Brain hemorhage, cardiologists prescribe pradaxa, Cerebral hemorrhage, Gulfport, Kidney Bleeding, Mobile, nternal bleeding (Gastrointestinal bleeding - GI Bleed), Pascagoula, Pensacola, pradaxa bleeding, pradaxa brain bleeding, pradaxa brain hemorhage, Pradaxa brain hemorrhaging, pradaxa death, Pradaxa gastrointestinal (GI) bleed, Pradaxa kidney bleeding, pradaxa lawyer, Ulcers