Fort Lauderdale Xarelto Lawyers Filing Lawsuits
Our Fort Lauderdale, Pompano Beach, Hollywood, Hallandale Pradaxa lawyers understand that you trusted your physician when they prescribed Pradaxa. It was meant to protect your loved one from a stroke or other cardiac problem. But, the manufacturers of Pradaxa were not upfront about the lack of an antidote for their product and it’s potential dangers. Call us and speak to an experienced dangerous drug lawyer. Our Pradaxa lawyers have decades of experience.
Pradaxa ? Xarelto Lawsuit Update
All Pradaxa lawsuits have been consolidated in the Pradaxa MDL No. 2385, in the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois. A Pradaxa status conference is set for 10/08/2013 before Chief Judge David R. Herndon. The Bellwether trial criteria for extensive bleeding lawsuits have been set.
What is Xarelto and Pradaxa?
Xarelto is an anticoagulant used to prevent stroke in Cardiac patients. It is often used as an alternative to the medicine warfarin. If a person who is using Xarelto requires unexpected surgery, from a fall for instance, the physician treating the patient may have a far more difficult time stopping serious bleeding, because the patient’s blood is unable to clot.
Xarelto can Cause excessive bleeding and a brain hemorrhage
What Are the Symptoms of Brain Bleeding?
The symptoms of a brain hemorrhage can vary. They depend on the location of the bleeding, the severity of the bleeding, and the amount of tissue affected. Symptoms may develop suddenly or over time.
Xarelto bleeding symptoms include:
- a sudden severe headache
- seizures with no previous history of seizures
- weakness in an arm or leg
- nausea or vomiting
- decreased alertness; lethargy
- changes in vision
- tingling or numbness
- difficulty speaking or understanding speech
- difficulty swallowing
- difficulty writing or reading
- loss of fine motor skills, such as hand tremors
- loss of coordination
- loss of balance
- an abnormal sense of taste
- loss of consciousness
- Unusual bruising or bleeding / hemorrhaging
- Pink or brown urine
- Red or black tarry stools
- Coughing up blood
- Vomiting that resembles blood or looks like coffee grounds
- Bleeding from the gums
- Frequent nosebleeds
- Joint pain or swelling
- Weakness and swelling of the arms, hands, feet, ankles or lower legs.
If you are having any of these side effects see your doctor immediately. It is easy to get a spontaneous brain bleed while on Xarelto. A brain bleed can be fatal. Signs of excessive bleeding or potential complications from Xarelto include
Broward County Lawyers investigating most serious side effects of Xarelto including:
- death from severe or excessive bleeding
- gastrointestinal bleeding
- stomach pain (ulcers, nausea, heartburn, bloating)
- kidney failure (kidney bleeding)
- hemorrhagic stroke cerebral hemorrhage
- heart attack
- brain hemorrhaging
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured by Xarelto call the Fort Lauderdale Xarelto Helpline today. We will connect you with a Fort Lauderdale Xarelto Lawyer to discuss your potential Xarelto Lawsuit.